St. Luke’s has been serving and praying with Lakeview, Mississauga for 60 years. The church started worshipping in 1957 in a school portable on Haig Boulevard and moved to its current location on Dixie Road in 1959. Our church building was dedicated in 1961.
Responding to God’s call, we seek to know Christ and to make him known in worship, fellowship and service to his world. What does that mean? It means we’re a community serving and praying with our neighbours, and inviting people into relationship with God’s love and joy, known in Jesus Christ.
The Rev. Andrew MacDonald
Fr. Andrew joined St. Luke’s in October 2017 as our priest-in-charge. He was ordained a priest in February 2015. He studied music at Mount Allison University in Sackville, N.B. and earned his Master of Divinity at Trinity College, Toronto. Originally from Oshawa, Andrew brings to his ministry a love of baseball, a deep appreciation of choral music, and a keen interest in the intersection of faith and popular culture – with a specific focus on the theology of The Simpsons.
Before he arrived at St. Luke’s, Fr. Andrew was assistant curate and then assistant priest at St. Martin-in-the-Fields, Toronto and assistant chaplain at Havergal College, an Anglican girls’ school in north Toronto. He has served previously at parishes in Etobicoke and Weston, and at Flemingdon Park Ministry in Don Mills.
Andrew is married to Martha Holmen, who works for the Diocese of Toronto as the digital communications coordinator. When not busy in ministry, Andrew is an avid cyclist, photographer, and aficionado of the works of television/film creator Aaron Sorkin.